Thursday, September 14, 2006

ooooh, a new musician!

Nellie McKay. never heard of her, but she's headlining at Variety Playhouse 2mro night. The Brilliant Inventions caught my eye, but I'm listening to her Morning Edition interview (Bob Edwards has the sexiest voice ever!!) and songs on the NPR site. ok....wow!!! blues, piano the way my Granddad plays:), rap, ballads, witty lyrics, she's 19 yo?!! mellow and humorous, that's the quirky combo that I love:). so, I'm dragging my CL date to a show because I wanna go, and I don't want to be rude and cancel our plans.

woowoo, and last night I had an AWESOME first experience. I got to "lay tracks" for a friend's band. it was such a blast! I got to hear myself "dueting" with myself:). and I played cello, too.....shhhh, don't tell any cellists, they'd probably shoot me. not really, but my attempt was quite poor. but it gave him what he needed. or I guess so anyway, they both said they liked it. "hypnotic" was their word. yes, that's what i go for, lol. anywho, I had fun, and it made me want to join a band, or at least lay some more tracks at some point in my life.

oh, and I have another new neighbor (plus her gf who may not live here, but she's around A LOT). so now I have three new neighbors, all in my small apt bldg. and they're all very cool.

lots of smiles in this blog:). I got a friendly note this morning, and I have had a great day all around. life is good:)

1 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Faith - Glad you are updating your blog again. Have lots of adventures!

MEP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home