Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Irish Adventures



I leave for Tblisi tomorrow morning, so here's my favorite picture from Ireland. I arrived in Dublin last Tuesday afternoon. Due to major fog in London, my flight was over two hours late. Combine with that lacksadaisical planning of both Sarah and me, her cell phone mysteriously not working, and it took awhile for us to connect at the airport. No big fiascos though.

My only minor fiasco was in the Atlanta airport where I could barely keep my balance with all my luggage before I checked my backpack. Channel 11 Alive News interviewed me because my pack was "as big as me." Whatever, dumbass, at least he called me a seasoned traveller. Actually, it was funny, and a nice diversion from realizing that I hadn't brought Sarah's address to put on my luggage tage. I called my Dad from the airport to get it, and it was exhausting trying to hold the phone, balance my bags, and write the address all at the same time.

And of course, I hadn't tested to be sure the pack would fit into the overbag. It was too big, so I had to re-distribute some clothes out of the pack into my violin backpack case and messenger bag. In the process, I lost the one gift I had to open on Christmas, and my sister's, too. BUMMER. I'm still sad about those presents. The FIRST thing I did in Dublin was eliminate a big stack of clothes. Yes, Les, you were right, though, not quite half:).

The pics aren't really sorted, but the first half are mostly from Killarney/Ring of Kerry. Then after the pic of us in the hostel, they're all from Galway/Cliffs of Moher (pronounced moor). Sarah also took a couple pictures of me playing in a traditional session of Irish music in a Galway pub called The Crane. I'll add that one later.

3 Comments:

At 2:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Girl,

Glad your having a good time. Enjoy your trip see you when you get back.

Kat

 
At 2:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! Let us know what the party was like it whatever you happened to have been in.

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger MhAhE said...

Hey,

Glad to find someone of the same age and of the same zodiac sign. So you're into travel? Visit Asia. Visit the Philippines. :) I'm promoting my country. It's a way of helping our economy. :) luv your posts. keep on blogging.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home