Sunday, December 03, 2006

Stay Tuned!

Only 15 days until I leave for my Big Adventure!! The really exciting blogs are coming up when I'll be describing my experiences. It'll be an attempt to keep as many friends as possible updated on my life while writing as few personal descriptive emails as possible. No offense to anyone, but I have never been a reliable correspondent. This is my new and improved alternative. I actually enjoy blogging. I'm ecstatic about the opporutnity to take zillions of pictures of everything I see and post them, so I won't have to try to "remember" everything in my head.

Almost all of my furniture has left the apt. I'm storing a small bookshelf and handy plastic storage containers, so I'll have them when/if I return.

My going away party is next weekend, and a ton of really fun people are coming. I'm going to get a Sweetwater Keg and build a fire out back, so we won't be crammed into my relatively tiny apt. I've got various peeps in charge of music and liquor. I decided to not bother with legit speakers and just blast my little computer speaker plug-ins. I'm more concerned w/ good music variety, so that's set.

My roommate says she'll decorate, so we'll see what happens with that. I've got a friend of mine planning a 100% vegan "menu" with me. Totally AWESOME!!!! For once, people have replied to an Evite. Very encouraging. At this point, I'm totally psyched for all of it!

TWO WEEKS!!!! And I'll be in Ireland! Then Georgia! Then Prague! And who knows where else I'll go. We're already planning a trip to Kiev, Ukraine because we'll have a week in Prague before the Beast's classes start!! Woohooo!! I'm REALLY excited about living with the Beast and her super cool friend(s) in her Masters Program. Pretty liberating to anticipate almost three months of being cell phone and car-free!

Oh!!! And get this shit!!! Ok, so everyone knows I just bought a cheap digi camera and iPod shuffle specifically for this excursion. Well, the one drawback I couldn't afford to fix was having to download music and photos onto public or friends' computers. BUT, Friend, from Coincidence? (turns out he's not the Sevananda dude, but still friggin' awesome guy), happens to be a computer geek and offered to loan me his spare Apple laptop. WOW!!! I couldn't be more grateful! I have several friends who are willing to loan me cds to download to his hard drive, so I can rotate my own selections on the Shuffle.

Originally, I expected to be at the mercy who had iTune libraries that included something comparable to my taste to share. But that kind of sucked because it appeared that every time I'd get music off a new machine, I'd have to erase all the previous songs. Whatever, I'm not a computer person enough to try to think about how it all works. I'm good at playing around when I need to in order to solve a problem, but beyond the actually problem-solving, I don't bother to remember most of what I learn about the processes and capabilities.

Life is good. Later, I may elaborate on my Travelocity drama. It will work out to my advantage quickly. They're eating the cost and calling me Monday with new ticket info. CEO Michelle Peluso's Executive Assistant was responsive and took prompt action, so I'm confident that they will take care of me. I doubt it'll be necessary, but if I need to, I'll call Sam Gilliland, CEO at Sabre Holdings if I'm not satisfied with Monday's resolution. Hoo-rah for hoovers.

1 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you really refer to me as "the beast"? hmm. actually all of YOU are "the beasts," not me. =)

anyway we have a hitch. rob chaneged his ticket, so we will be the first ones arriving in prague (on the 4th) and everyone else arrives the 9th. we will have no apt. we can stay in a hostel or go somewhere else. or we could visit the hospitality club. let me know what you think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home