Sunday, January 14, 2007

photos

Ok, I think I've finally got Flickr up here. The next step is to figure out how to upload pictures directly from my camera to flickr. And I have to buy a new charger for my camera batteries because the one I bought in the US is either a piece of shit, or it just doesn't work here, however you want to look at it.

As for updates here in Praha.....we're settled into our apartment now, which is quite nice. Sucks that I sleep on a rock hard pull-out couch every night, but hopefully I'll be switching out. The apt is right in Prague 1, Stare Mesto, Old Town essentially. We're a short walk from all things touristy, Charles University (Karlova) where my 5 roommates will soon start classes, the famous Jewish Quarter (apparently, Prague attracted the most affluent, elite, and academic Jewish population b/c CZ was the most accepting of all the European countries), and all the major sites to see. I became very familiar with the trams and metro line very quickly, but I may barely use it after all. The Prague Market, where I'm hoping to find good produce, is in Prague 7 where our hostel was located, but other than that, we've got all our essentials within easy walking distance.

I'm planning a trip for the near future to Croatia, Albania, or other Balkan countries because they are the most accessible developing countries. One roommate's advice was to simply visit one of these places that are in dire need of native English speakers and get a job. His observation makes sense that the places I want to go are unlikely to have established websites for international browsing or inquiry.

2 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Faith! I bought my tickets to Australia and New Zealand this weekend, and I was thinking about you! It looks like you're having an awesome time - I am so happy for you and looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back!

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Lewis Amos said...

Great blog Faith!
Hope all is well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home